Re: Fedora QA Meeting for Feb 4 2009

James Laska wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:31 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Will Woods wrote:
At the usual time and place - #fedora-meeting on freenode, 1500UTC (that's 10AM US Eastern).
So have we moved the meeting time from16:00 back to 15:00?
Agenda:

- Fedora 11 Alpha - status
  - review of test procedures / results
- Wiki use
  - Guidelines for naming test plans / test cases
- QA team guidelines
  - Who gets to vote on decisions? Sponsors?
  - How do you get to be a QA team sponsor?
  - How do you get to be a QA team member?
  - What does being in the QA team require/provide?
Let's first come up with a QA team made from the community for the community
before coming up with any guidelines for QA

I want everyone to take a look at http://sqa.net/
and consider the Fedora QA procedure will be moved in that direction.

The idea is that there will be made QA board consisting of one representing from each SIG

That representative task will be over sighting the QA of his SIG and this board over sighting the QA of the whole Fedoraproject.

There are good general quality practices and procedures listed at the
URL provide above.  But they also assume a level of resources we don't
yet have.  Over time as we gather more contributors, this could be
something to look into.

I say look into it now then add those contributes to the resource we have.
I do like the idea of outlining a structure so that specialty QA groups
with similar interests can coalesce and provide service to other Fedora
teams.  Leam Hall has begun pulling some of this together to flesh out a
new "Join Fedora" QA landing page.

Looking forward to the see that page.

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801