Re: Fedora Core 6 Common Issues

Jim Cornette wrote:
Adam Jackson wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

I installed FC6 on a computer with a SIS integrated video. Anaconda was not able to recognize the proper video card.

Xorg.0.log please.  Preferably in a bug.

- ajax

Since I am not familiar with where the log would be located during the install (/tmp maybe) I'll need to do some research as to where the log is located for new installs. Specifying 'linux xdriver=sis' made the installation possible if I am correct. I do not think that i had to execute a third attempt at installation with 'linux xdriver=vesa' though possible. Anyway, I'll try the new install tomorrow with another HD on a clean install and file a bug report regarding the failure, if possible.

/tmp/ramfs/X.log

Although lspci -n would be fine too. Mostly I just want to know the PCI ID of the video card so I can add it to the list supported by the sis driver.

- ajax