Re: Fedora Core 6 Common Issues

Adam Jackson wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

I installed FC6 on a computer with a SIS integrated video. Anaconda was not able to recognize the proper video card.

Xorg.0.log please.  Preferably in a bug.

- ajax

Since I am not familiar with where the log would be located during the install (/tmp maybe) I'll need to do some research as to where the log is located for new installs. Specifying 'linux xdriver=sis' made the installation possible if I am correct. I do not think that i had to execute a third attempt at installation with 'linux xdriver=vesa' though possible. Anyway, I'll try the new install tomorrow with another HD on a clean install and file a bug report regarding the failure, if possible.

Off note regarding the report filed by Michal Jaegermann. The reference to erratic failures which caused multi-version entries of packages in the rpmdb, the problem sounds like it could be repeated just by trying installations over several times on any hardware, known problematic hardware would probably allow repeatability with a higher frequency of failures. The information in the report might be wise to diagnose. Who gets the bug is beyond me since the component is the installer and encompasses getting everybody's hard work installed on the system. Investigation into the report would be beneficial for FC7 and what follows. Maybe it will be one particular program which is important for some needs which is not installed on most other users computers. If it is a default installation and happens randomly, look for resolution at FC12.

Jim
--

        :)