Re: FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Hi

Thats too generic. Is all of the software thats available in core needed to be installed simultaneously and is using all of them together a common scenario?

You(Rahul) still don't get it! It's not about "using them all together" at all. Yes, it is about installing "everything" in Core at one time(install time!) *easily*. It's a usability / easy-of-use issue. It's about giving users the choice. If they want to - let then.

Choice has associated cost. Implementing everything any user ever asked for will lead to a unmaintainable mess.

Report number?

Search on "anaconda everything".

Thats not a number ;-)

And what makes Rahul think he knows the difference better than others? (wink,wink)

Oh please guys. Listen before responding. I presented very detailed reasons why I think it is not a good thing.

And all those reasons are bogus and do not apply to the usability/ease of use of the package selection part of the installer.

Sure. Call them all bogus with no explanation. That doesnt look a appealing argument.

Several people have already given you "use cases" but this is not about your opinion that an "everything" install is not useful.

Can you list them?

It's about those users that want to do it (in spite of your opinion) being able to do it easily. Trying to make it difficult is just arrogance!

Depends on what you want to do and how useful it is. I still havent heard good use cases yet.

--
Rahul