Re: FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On 1/22/06, gb spam <gbofspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We value everything installs, it works for us and jumping through
hoops (write web apps; managing kickstart files; using kickstart
during installs - does it still not tell you if it can't load the
ks file until you get to a point in the install where your options
haven't been selected?) is "less convenient" than clicking a check
box during install.

So let me get this straight.. nothing other than a single check box
during install is going to satify you?  There is no room to
compromise? You've drawn the line in the sand and you are holding
your breath?  That's unfortunate.

um ... no.  what's unfortunate is your condescending attitude towards
folks who are pointing out that they *like* the concept of an
everything install.  that would include folks like *me*, by the way.
does that mean you're going to insult me as well?

Can you explain to me a few different use cases which makes it a good argument to be available by default other than selecting package groups, kickstart and using yum . Please explain with rationale instead of just stating your preference.

--
Rahul