Re: We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will still fall short

Lamar Owen wrote:

I don't use GNOME, so nautilus is irrelevant to me. I like and use KDE and have no reason to change; too much archived mail (in both maildir and mbox format; tried to convert to evolution once and it was a nightmare thanks to the inability at that time to move my filters from kmail over; I have hundreds of folders with hundreds of filters to place mail in the right folder, and I'm not losing that work!), too much intellectual equity in KDE at this point. Been running it since Mandrake 5.3 days back when Red Hat refused to use KDE due to the Qt license. Very glad when Red Hat 6 included KDE. Use kstars for work to do telescope control, too. No equivalent GNOME program. When GNOME gives me enough reason to switch, perhaps I'll switch. But not at this point.
I'm also finding that kde suits my needs too. Most programs which I use on a daily basis, are much more mature at the kde end of things. Not to take anything from gnome, but kde gets the job done.

Dwaine