Re: new criterion proposal: toolbox functionality

On Fri, 2023-06-09 at 09:24 +0530, Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:
> The new proposed criteria taking Kamil's and Adam's suggestions goes as
> follows :
>
> Once people are okay with it, I can go ahead and add this to the criterion?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> For any release-blocking deliverable whose default deployment includes
> Toolbx,
> the <code>toolbox</code> CLI must be able to list existing containers,
> create a new container with the latest Fedora and RHEL image, and enter it.
>

> Footnote - "What does this cover?":
> The images must be present in registry.fedoraproject.org
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Sumantro! Sorry for the late reply. Kamil and I just talked
about this. We think it still needs some tweaking. Here's my
suggestion:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For any release-blocking deliverable whose default deployment includes
Toolbx, the {{command|toolbox}} CLI must be able to list existing
containers. For each of the following, it must be able to create and
enter a new container:
* The image from the compose under test
* The most recent stable image for the current stable Fedora release
* The most recent stable image for the current stable RHEL release

Footnote - "What does this cover?":
Bugs in either the {{command|toolbox}} CLI or the container image from
the compose under test may constitute a violation of the criteria for
that compose. Any bugs found in the current stable Fedora and RHEL
images should be reported appropriately, but don't constitute a
violation of the criteria for the compose under test - the requirement
is only that the CLI be capable of correctly creating and entering
them. If a stable Fedora or RHEL container needs updates in order for
the CLI from the compose under test to be able to run it correctly,
that may constitute a PreviousRelease blocker (see
[[QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process#Normal,_0-
Day_and_Previous_Release_blockers|the blocker SOP]]).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is working out the tricky details around the difference between
the CLI and the images and what requirements we have for both as part
of the release process. I've noted on both the FESCo and releng tickets
that the details about producing and publishing the container images do
not seem to be worked out yet:

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11399
https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3002
--