Re: F32, Automatic suspend isn't working.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 2:02 PM Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/30/20 10:40 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 2:36 PM Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>   From the working suspend, can you look at the logs and see if there are
> >> any messages indicating the process?  If there are, you could compare
> >> them against the one that didn't work.
> >
> > There are no gnome or systemd related messages as to why target sleep
> > was reached. If I push the power button, I get an explicit message
> > from systemd-logind that it was pushed - same for the lid. But nothing
> > for a GNOME Shell automatic suspend timeout.
>
> That does make it difficult to debug...
> I don't have any other suggestions.  Did you get any responses on the
> desktop list?

No. I'll ask Kalev tomorrow.

Something new happened today, while the laptop was plugged in
charging. I came back after about 20 minutes, but have no way of
knowing if it was just under or over 20 minutes, and on the lock
screen was a notification regarding automatic suspend happening soon.

But I have the Automatic Suspend option disabled when on AC power.
It's only enabled when on battery power. When disabled, the timeout is
also grayed out. So the notification message doesn't make sense.

--
Chris Murphy