Re: F32, Automatic suspend isn't working.

On 3/28/20 12:54 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 12:48 PM Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Was it at the default value or you had it set to 20?

I don't understand the question.

GNOME Settings>Power>Suspend & Power Button>Automatic Suspend - click
on that and I get a dialog:
Automatic Suspend
On Battery Power = enabled
                    Delay = 20 minutes

There is no UI available in GNOME to know the default value or to
change it back to the default value. I just happen to know the default
is 20 minutes because on a separately clean installed system it's set
to 20 minutes.

At least according to dconf editor, this is a custom value not the
default value.

Originally, you said you used the dconf editor to change the value. In there, it tells you what the default value is and there's a button to reset it to the default. So I was wondering if the 20 minutes was because it was still at the default or if it had been set to 20 minutes (1200 seconds).

Did you make another test to see if it would suspend after 20 minutes at
the default value?

I don't know what '20 minutes at the default value' means. But I did
change the automatic suspend on battery setting to 20 minutes. And it
does suspend after 20 minutes.

I meant to reset it to the default value in the dconf-editor and see if it suspends at 20 minutes. But maybe that's irrelevant now.

With the available information, there's no way to troubleshoot this. I
need debug information from whatever is responsible for idle and
timeout tracking and initiating suspend.

From the working suspend, can you look at the logs and see if there are any messages indicating the process? If there are, you could compare them against the one that didn't work.