Re: Draft SOP for applying to be a sponsor, and handling such applications

On 1/9/20 7:21 PM, Adam Williamson
If we do turn out to have problems we can always tighten things up, but
I don't want to build a whole big procedural bureaucracy from the start
if we're not gonna need it...

Sorry, just some of my history showing up. Though my career I have been a member of many groups that were reorganized, absorbed, and otherwise processed. So I have a certain function in my mental radar that watches for signs of such things.

Though I never worked for them, but I have had a lot of contact with the current parent. As a customer and sitting on standards committees with them. I think I have a pretty good feel for how they like to operate. Which is a lot like companies I have worked for.

I have found that one of the things that new parents like to do is review the new child's processes, procedures, policies, etc. Having done that they provide advice that ranges from gentle suggestions to "do it this way" directives.

This mental function got switched on when I learned of the new parent.

Sorry to have bothered you with this. I just thought that "Sponsor" would likely be one of the key words that would get the attention of a new parent.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)