Re: Draft SOP for applying to be a sponsor, and handling such applications

On 1/9/20 3:34 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi folks!

To go with the draft SOP for handling group membership requests, here's
a draft SOP for applying to be a sponsor, and handling those
applications:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_sop_becoming_a_sponsor

again I kept it pretty simple, I don't think it's even worth setting
super-specific rules for the 'disputed application' case as it seems
likely to be rare or never happen. There's not much reason to
'maliciously' become a group sponsor, after all.

The currently-broken link will obviously point to the other SOP, if
both are accepted.

Again, comments/suggestions welcome!

This certainly is in line with what seems to be current practice. My concern is with "managerial" review. After all you got pinged by someone to do this. So I imagine this will be looked at with an eye to some goals they want to achieve. In that regard, this seems a bit weak to me. I would expect that there would be at least a "time and experience" in the QA group requirement. I would think you would want someone who understands the group and what is does in some detail. Would you really accept someone as a sponsor a few days or weeks after becoming sponsored themselves regardless of their background?

There are provisions for people to review and object, but with no criteria to go by that can get very dicey very quickly.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)