Re: Stream

On 11/12/19 19:56, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 14:41 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 10:32:05AM -0500, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As time passes, my curiosity has grown concerning the realignment of
Redhat, Fedora, and CentOS.

I assume you also saw
https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSStream? If not, does that
help? If you did and it didn't help, what is missing?

No I had not seen that, it clarifies some things. Thank you.

Though I've not been involved with CentOS, I always thought it was more than just a rebranding of RHEL. I thought the CentOS folks were making changes and updates that were available to RHEL. That seemed good to have Fedora folks working on new things going down stream to RHEL and the CentOS folks feeding improvements back up stream to RHEL. From what I read the CentOS roll seems to have been very different.

Is the new roll of CentOS to take the Fedora releases and send them down stream to RHEL as a few selected packages at a time? In such a case I guess Fedora isn't effected at all. Unless of course I missed something, or the realignment is still being designed.

Thanks and Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)