Re: Upgrading from F30 to F31 beta reboot issue

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 11:08 AM Rodger Etz <reb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bugzilla Bug 1644439 looks identical, but was not investigated further as it seems the issue did not appear anymore and dnf has  changed since reported.

I suggest reopening that bug and providing your updated information:
call trace, any logs, and in particular debugsolver.

Or alternatively feel free to start a new bug report and add a link to
the Links section (after filing the bug) to this old closed bug so
it's available as a reference. I also suggest proposing it as a
blocker bug. Ask if you don't know how to do that with your FAS
account or don't have one.

https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/propose_bug

One possible justification to use for the blocking proposal:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_31_Beta_Release_Criteria#Basic_criteria_met
For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible
to successfully complete a direct upgrade from a fully updated, clean
default installation of each of the last two stable Fedora releases
with that package set installed.

And also if you can test the same setup with GNOME Software and see if
it also fails and collect logs, that's really helpful also since
that's the Workstation recommended upgrade tool. That would even more
likely be a blocking bug. Gotch is you'll have to file a separate bug
report since it's a separate component and upgrade method.

--
Chris Murphy