Re: proposal: move "image size" criterion from Beta to Final

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:14 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess the main problem there is knowing what slug will always mean
> "after this date the Beta has definitely been released", in various
> circumstances (we slip past the 'preferred target' date? we slip past
> the next date? everything blows up and we slip for three months? is the
> schedule predictably altered the same way in all these cases?)

Yeah, it's kinda ugly. The "Current (Beta|Final) Target date"
milestone should be updated for every slippage, whether that's one
week or a year. Obnoxiously, that's not actually in the rendered
schedule, but I'll take a look at that. Whether we use it for this
purpose or not it would be nice to make it visible.

> (many words about PDC)

Sigh.

> So most things that currently want to Know Stuff About Fedora Releases

I like the idea of making this releng's problem. :-) In part, because
it would be good to know what actually wants to know stuff about
Fedora releases. This way we can come up with a solution that works
for all of those cases. But in the meantime...

> This would be *much* better. If you want to bikeshed it some more it
> could even arguably be done in Pungi; Pungi already has a concept of
> 'this deliverable is so critical we abandon the compose if it fails',
> so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to add a concept of 'this
> deliverable is release-critical' and 'this deliverable ought to be
> under size X' to Pungi config as well, then the human-readable form
> could be parsed out of our pungi-fedora config or whatever. But I'd be
> happy with really anything that's better than what we have right now.

Intriguing. Let me see what can be done on the generation side. I'd
definitely like to share sources of truth where possible.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His