Re: proposal: move "image size" criterion from Beta to Final

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 8:55 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the record, it makes me sad that we don't have a good way to know
> whether we're in Beta or Final phase

I feel a little called out here, so I will just say that this is
payback for all of the times you've made me sad. :-) But seriously,
I'm not sure what the best way to make that programmatic would be. One
terrible option is to consume the schedule in JSON form[1] and work
from that. There are probably some edge cases that haven't occurred to
me in the 15 seconds I've been thinking about this, and it sounds
generally unpleasant. This might be better solved in releng tooling
somehow?

> and also that the canonical
> definition of 'blocking' images and image target sizes is just a wiki
> page, and thus not reasonably consumable by code (so this code just
> duplicates and will need manually updating if the list of blocking
> images changes)...

I may be able to make you less sad here at some point. I've been
talking to asamalik about how to move some of the release-specifc
stuff out of the wiki and into docs.fp.o. So we might be able to
either make the html output more parseable, or better to make it so
that the release blocker page is built from a JSON file that would
live in a predictable place for your script to consume. This is still
in the idea phase for now, but it's something I'm thinking about.

[1] https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-31/f-31-key.json

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His