Re: proposal: move "image size" criterion from Beta to Final

On Tue, 2019-09-17 at 17:38 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 2:35 PM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I like this approach better than just moving the criterion to Final
> > because in cases of large overages, the package gymnastics that might
> > be required to make it work could prove to be pretty impactful. I'd
> > have a lot more confidence in our ability to deliver a good experience
> > to our users if we're trying to trim half a gig from an image before
> > Beta than if we're doing it on the Monday before Go/No-Go.
>
> From Go/No-Go
> 17:16:12 <adamw> i mean, technically we knew about it, the script has
> been filing the results in the wiki religiously
> 17:16:17 <adamw> we just sort of forgot to notice and file a bug
>
> Is it possible for this script, or Pungi, to grow the ability to file
> a bug or send email to the responsible party?

It's possible, it's just a bit awkward to implement (dealing with
Bugzilla authentication probably the most awkward bit, I'd have to talk
to a couple of people about how we do that). I'd much prefer the bug
filing option over the email sending option, as email has a way of
being ignored sometimes.

The implementation here is actually a fairly 'dumb' thing - what
happens is just that the fedora-messaging consumer that creates the
validation events, relvalconsumer, just flat out calls 'relval size-
check' on the compose after it's done creating the event. So to enhance
that I'd probably give relval an option to file bugs when doing the
size-check operation and have relvalconsumer toggle that option on; as
mentioned the tricky part would just be in figuring out what's
necessary to ensure the system where it runs is always authenticated to
Bugzilla, we'd need a persistent auth token for it or something.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey