Re: Update to last minute blocker bugs proposal (Rev:07242019)

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:10 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let's be clear about what we mean by 'waiving'. Actually I'd like to
> avoid using that word at all (yes I know I did it once, I edited my
> mail to take them out but missed one).
>
> We are *not* 'waiving' the criterion. We are *not* deciding the bug
> isn't a blocker. We are deciding to mark it as blocking the next
> milestone instead of the current one.

OK yeah so it's a delayed blocker. That underscores the ISO maximum
size is probably a soft requirement for beta.

> > Essentially, no one found it intuitively compelling or desirable to
> > actually block release, even though it's unquestionably a blocker.
> > Since the bug is not blocking the release tells us it is in fact not a
> > release blocking bug. It's a blocker in name only, in practice it's
> > not. It's a contradiction, and thus hilarious.
>
> But this would be the case for any bug we apply the 'last minute'
> policy to. There is nothing specific to automatic blockers in anything
> you write, yet we agreed the policy anyway, and AFAIR you +1ed it.

Yes, but that's only half of the hilarity. I also -1'd blocking on ISO size.

I'm just noting the contrast between highly objective nature of
automatic blockers, and the subjectivity injected by the last minute
policy. I really hadn't considered that particular combination.

--
Chris Murphy