Re: Moan about dnf on Rawhide

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:14:26 -0700
Viorel Tabara <viorel.tabara@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Or use the rpmdb from a backup as a reference to bring the system to
> that state.

It's back in the original state, I just had to force install a dnf
version that was compatible with python3 3.5 ABI.  The problem is that
it won't update to python3 3.6 ABI from there.  I'll have to do some
manual manipulations to get there.

> On a related note, I recall a discussion somewhere on the Fedora
> mailing lists, about doing an LVM snapshot of rootfs prior to
> upgrading as an easy way to roll back.

I think I remember reading that.  And, I think I've seen dnf taking a
snapshot before updating if the snapshot plugin is installed and
enabled.