Re: Moan about dnf on Rawhide

On Sun Feb 19 2017 11:23:24 GMT-0700 (MST) stan
<stanl-fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I ran a dnf --best update and there are 317 errors, and dnf skips
> everything.  :-)
[...]
> I suppose I'll be forced to --allowerasing if I want to do a dnf
> update.  Or force install the dnf dependencies of the new 3.6 ABI so I
> can then run dnf update and have it update everything else.
>
> What a mess.  Maybe a new install of rawhide would be easier.

Or use the rpmdb from a backup as a reference to bring the system to
that state.

On a related note, I recall a discussion somewhere on the Fedora mailing
lists, about doing an LVM snapshot of rootfs prior to upgrading as an
easy way to roll back.

--
Viorel