Re: is dnf system-upgrade tested with only one kernel installed to

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 09:44:31AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I'm rather confused by the thread you're replying to, though. I don't
> see how any of it makes an awful lot of sense. If the case is starting
> from a single installed kernel, how is increasing the
> 'installonly_limit' going to change anything? And if dnf didn't want to
> remove the kernel that the user was at the time of running (I assume)
> `dnf system-upgrade download` using successfully, how exactly would
> letting it remove an older(?) kernel have 'led to disaster'? Did you
> remove some important earlier context?

Full thread for context: https://da.gd/Idg3

There's some other oddity involved, where it's trying to install the
*base* (non-updated) kernel from F24 over an updated F23, and then it
says those kernels conflict rather than installing them in parallel.

> dnf is supposed to have a protection which prevents it removing the
> currently-running kernel. If that's somehow being omitted for system-
> upgrade, that's certainly a bug.

That _possibly_ is the case here.

--
Matthew Miller