Re: QA group joining process: new members cannot subscribe to list until approved

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 05:28:33PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well we're definitely out of scope now...but for some key personnel
> (people with admin access to key servers and so on), we actually do
> need as many contact methods as possible. If there's a massive hack or
> a huge security issue, or something, we need to be able to get in touch
> with folks very quickly, an email or IRC ping may not cut it. I don't
> know if that's the reason, just thinking it through. It may also have
> had something to do with the really old CLA, I have vague memories that
> that involved faxes and stuff at some point, but it may just be the
> drugs talking...
> --

Wasn't that for the old soft phone thingy that used to be in place?

Personally, I'm a bit hesitant to sponsor someone that has not sent an
introduction email.  I also check to see if they're on IRC, and if I
see neither, I'm a bit hesitant to sponsor them.  If I see them on IRC
but don't see an email, obviously I'll sponsor them.

John.