Re: QA group joining process: new members cannot subscribe to list until approved

On Fri, 2016-08-05 at 16:48 -0600, Viorel Tabara wrote:
> On Fri Aug 05 2016 16:08:49 GMT-0600 (MDT) Adam Williamson
> <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Still, we could probably clarify the join process in any case.
>
> What's the purpose of phone number in FAS? It's a piece of personal information
> spammers will never reveal.

Well we're definitely out of scope now...but for some key personnel
(people with admin access to key servers and so on), we actually do
need as many contact methods as possible. If there's a massive hack or
a huge security issue, or something, we need to be able to get in touch
with folks very quickly, an email or IRC ping may not cut it. I don't
know if that's the reason, just thinking it through. It may also have
had something to do with the really old CLA, I have vague memories that
that involved faxes and stuff at some point, but it may just be the
drugs talking...