Re: i686 got past TPM, but now video problem

On Sat, 2016-05-21 at 07:41 -0600, Peter G.  wrote:
> Then, suddenly, after a line appeared about GDM having
> started, or something like that, the screen flashed
> momentarily and new text appeared, all in white on black,
> with the name of my computer, Compaq, at the top. A fifth of
> the way down the screen, there is a heading Call Trace
> followed by three lines and then Stack followed by the rest
> of the screen. Page Up/Page Down do nothing and the computer
> is hung.

That's a kernel crash. If you boot with 'nomodeset' added back you
should be able to report a bug for it. I can't remember if we have abrt
collection of kernel traces set up ATM; if not, you can just file a bug
at https://bugs.freedesktop.org (against xorg Driver/intel) , describe
the issue and include the stack trace - you can find it in the journal,
there will be 'cut here' lines showing you where to cut.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey