Re: i686 got past TPM, but now video problem

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Peter G. <pgueckel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a way I can tell the computer to boot in the proper
> mode right at the grub prompt, or even set it permanently?

At the grub menu, press e to edit the first entry, find the linux16
line, on that line there might be a nomodeset parameter, delete that,
then either ctrl-x or f10 to continue boot.

It's not a bad idea to remove quiet and rhgb parameters also, so that
you can see all messages as it's booting in case there are problems.

--
Chris Murphy