Re: Alpha Criterion Discussion: Desktop Backgrounds

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 10:03:34AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> The blocker process is not a tool for the rest of the project to use as
> a reminder system. It doesn't work very well for that. The expectation
[...]
> * QA tests Thing and finds no-one ever even started working on it
> * QA files bug and marks it blocker
> * Team Thing starts working on Thing
> I realize that's an exaggerated example, but it's just to make the
> point clear. That's not a sane development process.

Yeah; if this wasn't clear in my last message, I think that it does,
unfortunately, seem to work that way by default for lack of any
better/stronger schedule reminder system. I think in any case where we
*do* hit something which slipped off whichever non-QA schedule, we
should fix _that_ side first.

Now, maybe it is also the case that the wallpaper is not really an
appropriate blocker. I'm pretty sympathetic to that point on its own,
too. So, I think the appropriate thing to do here is to drop this
particular blocker, but add it to something else that serves as a
that reminder system — ideally, with some form of teeth. Since this
seems like a program management function, I'm going to talk to Jan
Kurik — Fedora Program Manager — about it.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>