Re: Proposing new dual booting release criteria

re: dual boot criteria for existing Linux + new Fedora install

On Sep 7, 2014, at 6:52 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "The installer must be able to install into free space alongside
> existing GNU/Linux installations that are intended to be detected by the
> upstream software for detecting previously-installed operating systems,
> and install a bootloader which can boot into each previous
> installation."

- Blocking on dual boot install failures, yes. Triple+ boot support is not realistic, although it benefits the more we do the right things with dual boot.

{

The installer must be able to install into free space alongside an existing GNU/Linux installation, install and configure a bootloader that will boot both systems, within the limitations of the upstream bootloader."
Within the limitations? [show] Purpose of this clause is to not require us to fix upstream bootloader bugs or design limitations.

}

Chris Murphy