Re: 3.16.x on i686

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 13:52:10 -0500,
 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:34:53 -0700,
Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All 3.16 kernels before 3.16.0-0.rc2.git0.1 are just fundamentally
broken on i686, I think, unless you pass 'vdso=0'. I wouldn't bother
messing with anything unless you're using the rc2 kernel, or passing
vdso=0.

I'll be testing that shortly on x86_64 and on i686 tonight. But I am seeing two different problems and I'd be surprised if either was that problem. I suspect I am not getting far enough into the boot to see that problem.

3.16.0-0.rc2.git0.1 is pretty broken too. I am definitely seeing two other issues.

The one affecting raid has been filed. The other one is a crash early

It looks like this one might be elsewhere in the I/O stack. When I got a live image to boot, dd reported /dev/sda3 as zero size which would explain why the superblock was bad. blkid returned info about the device so this seems really odd. And it only seems to happen on this one partition.