Re: 3.16.x on i686

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:34:53 -0700,
 Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

systemd doesn't just 'create init files', I don't think. It *does* have
a concept of dependencies, which could account for this effect.

Something is creating ones during boot since about a month ago. They are in a scratch location that gets recreated each boot.

What services exactly are you talking about?

Plague is one example.

I also seem to have a selinux problem blocking consolekit so that sound
doesn't work in enforcing mode.

What desktop are you using? It'd be good if you could file the bug for
this, filing SELinux denials via sealert is pretty fast.

XFCE.

So far I am just working on the kernel change that seems to have md being
more picky about md raid1 superblocks and just doing workarounds for the
rest.

All 3.16 kernels before 3.16.0-0.rc2.git0.1 are just fundamentally
broken on i686, I think, unless you pass 'vdso=0'. I wouldn't bother
messing with anything unless you're using the rc2 kernel, or passing
vdso=0.

I'll be testing that shortly on x86_64 and on i686 tonight. But I am seeing two different problems and I'd be surprised if either was that problem. I suspect I am not getting far enough into the boot to see that problem.

The one affecting raid has been filed. The other one is a crash early in boot, and I thought I had heard there were some nouveau regressions and that could affect that machine. I need to get netconsole setup again to capture the crash dump, but have given it lower priority because it seems like something others are likely to run into. The raid thing is weird in that it affects only one of my raid devices. And there may be something odd about the superblock, that gets checked more carefully in 3.16, than 3.15. Though I didn't see any commits that indicated a change in md raid superblock checking recently. I have an upstream bug filed for that as well.