Re: rawhide report: 20140113 changes

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 20:37 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:03:30 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > The process here is
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life .
> > What I am basically asking is whether one needs to adopt an orphaned
> > package in order to put it through that process, or whether it is OK for
> > any packager to file a retirement request on a package that is clearly
> > an appropriate candidate for requirement. But I phrased it more
> > generally in case this is a 'known situation' with other wrinkles to it.
>
> Since it's "Orphaned" in pkgdb and not "Deprecated" (= retired) yet,
> it's needs at least somebody with permission to retire it in pkgdb.
> Somebody from releng usually can do that, too.
>
> Similarly for dist git. It needs commit access (e.g. co-maintainer
> itamarjp) or a provenpackager or somebody from releng to retire it in dist
> git (the "fedpkg retire …" step that would also retire in pkgdb nowadays).
>
> Becoming the owner of the package prior to filing a "koji block request in
> the releng" tracker is not necessary. Several packagers have done that
> before, not only provenpackagers (who sometimes complete missings steps of
> the package EOL procedure for retired packages).

I'm a provenpackager, I have all the necessary powers, but I didn't know
whether it was acceptable per policy for a provenpackager to retire a
package they do not own.

> Of course it can happen that releng will ask for the background before
> blocking a package actually. "obexftp replacing obexfs because of an
> upstream merge" should be mentioned to them. Part of the story also
> seems to be bug 1014177 which sounds as if obexfs would not built with
> current openobex anymore and would need to be ported first (likely the
> reason it has been merged into obexftp upstream).

It builds fine from obexftp 0.24. The files are already in the updated
obexftp I built the other day.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey