Re: rawhide report: 20140113 changes

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:10:27AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 10:59 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > I am afraid that I miss something.  The above will retire obexfs.
>
> No, it won't 'vanish'. It will still be in the Fedora package
> repositories. I'm not talking about getting the package removed from
> *users' systems*. I'm talking about getting it removed from *the Fedora
> package collection*.

Now I understand that we are talking about different things. :-)
I doubt very much that you will be able too rewrite a history that way.
Copies may be sitting in umpteenth repositories on which you have zero
control.  Besides that would possibly break something for somebody
running older Fedora distributions for whatever reasons.

If you are concerned only about the main repo for the current rawhide
then I would think naively that it is enough to ask nicely
correpsponding admins.  Mirrors will sync with that and this will be it.
Am I mistaken?  But even with an old package physically present - once
obsoleted it will be not used.  So what is a big deal?

  Michal