Re: Release criteria proposal: explicit requirements for keyboard layouts

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 09:22 -0500, John Dulaney wrote:
> I'm also +1 in general; Kamil does raise a good point
> about the systemwide layout being available, but not
> required to log in.

Yeah, it's a reasonable point and I've seen the feature suggested, but
I'm not aware of any DM that implements it yet, and it does make the
criterion a bear to word :)

>   The only thing that worries me is
> it would be nice to ensure this works on desktop
> managers besides GDM and KDM (ie, non-blocking
> desktops).

It's not the job of the release criteria to do so, though. We already
have the test case that backs this, in fact, it's part of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_login . That test
case is always included in the non-blocking-desktop matrices, so the
framework for checking it is already there.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey