Re: Release criteria proposal: explicit requirements for keyboard layouts

> So, I'm proposing we add a section to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_20_Final_Release_Criteria#Post-install_requirements
> which states that at decryption and login stages, the systemwide keyboard
> layout must be used, and post-login, the systemwide layout must be used if
> no per-user configuration is specified; if a user-specific layout
> configuration for a given desktop exists, it must be used for that
> user/desktop combination.
>
> === Keyboard layout configuration ===
>
> If a particular keyboard layout has been configured for the system, that
> keyboard layout must be used:
>
> * When unlocking encrypted storage volumes during boot
> * When logging in at a console
> * When logging in via the default login manager for a release-blocking
> desktop

I'm not sure about this. Let's say I have en_US as the system layout and cs_CZ as my profile layout. Let's say that I first pick my user icon from the list in GDM / other login manager. The login manager can detect my profile settings and offer me the password input dialog using cs_CZ layout. If the currently selected layout is visible, and I'm able to change it if needed, I don't see a problem here. Furthermore, anaconda allows me to create exactly this use case - en_US as the system layout, but encode my user password using cs_CZ layout (the keyboard switcher is present in user creation dialog in anaconda). Therefore it might be correct for login manager to switch to my profile layout by default.

So, in this case, I think "the system layout must be available" would be a better term than "the system layout must be used".

> * After logging in to a release-blocking desktop, if the user account
> does not have its own keyboard layout configuration for that desktop (if
> there is such a user/desktop-specific configuration, it must be used
> when that user logs in to that desktop)
>
> I think Final is appropriate for this. It's acceptable for it to be
> broken for an Alpha or a Beta, I think, especially given that I think
> we're generally agreed that we may currently be setting too high a
> standard at Alpha and Beta and we should err on the side of trimming
> those requirements rather than adding more.

ACK in general.