Re: New BugZapper Introduction

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 11:02 +0200, Vassia Efstratiou wrote:
> Hello to all,
> I am Vassia and i also want to join the community and contribute.
> But I am slightly confused, i have registered in this list, and
> receive all these e-mails, but I dont know how to get started.
> Can someone please help, explain to me?
> thank you all in advance
> Vassia
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Varun Varshney
> <no10downingstreet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Hi guys.
>         My name is Varun.Im a student currently studying computer
>         science engineering.
>         I have been using fedora for a few months now and i really
>         like it.
>         I have experience with C, C++ and java along with php, html
>         and javascript. I have also made a few apps on android as part
>         of my projects.
>
>         I would really like to join the community and contribute
>         something.
>         So thank you for this opportunity.
>
>         E-mail : no10downingstreet@xxxxxxxxx

Hi, folks! I'm sorry we have not been responding to these mails
promptly: we're currently very busy with Fedora 18 testing. So here's
some stuff you should know!

Both the Bugzappers and Proven Testers programs are currently not really
happening: we have not had anyone leading bug triage efforts for a
while, and the proven testers idea was suspended by FESCo at least until
our update feedback system is better set up for it.

However, you can still work on bug triage following the Bugzappers
instructions if you like.

It is also still very valuable for people to test updates - we just
don't distinguish between 'proven testers' and other registered testers
at present. So you can still follow all the instructions at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for testing updates,
and that would be very very helpful - we are always short of feedback on
updates.

Aside from those two 'programs' we have several other ongoing projects
you can help with, all listed at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join . There is no 'formal' way to
join in with those - you just have to read the instructions and go
ahead! You don't need anyone's official permission or any official
status.

Currently the thing we're working hardest on is Fedora 18 release
validation testing. This process is mostly explained at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Installation_validation_testing and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Desktop_validation_testing . Every few
days, you'll see a mail to this list announcing a new 'TC' or 'RC'
build, with links to pages like this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_18_Final_TC3_Install
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_18_Final_TC3_Desktop

You can help out by following the instructions on those pages: download
the test build, run some of the tests listed on the pages, and report
your results (and any bugs that you find). You might also have seen a
mail from me yesterday entitled 'Fedora 18 Final blocker status:
required fixes, karma, etc': it mentions several other things you could
help with, such as some specific updates that need testing following the
'Updates Testing' process, and some bugs where we need more information
or just a test to confirm that a fix has worked. Any of those things
would be helpful.

You'll usually find several of us in #fedora-qa discussing the release
validation work as we go along, so if you want to get a feel for it,
just join that channel and listen in for a while.

Please let me know if you need further info or instructions on any of
the above! Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey