Re: systemd: Failed to initialize SELinux context: Permission denied

Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote on 12/06/2012 23:48:07:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 15:39:55 -0500,
>    John.Florian@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >Yeah, if I was actually worried about security in this case, that would've
> >been my usual approach.  I had it turned off to bring greater visibility
> >to other errors long before F18 alpha and was waiting for this BZ to move
> >along before worrying further about SELinux again.
> >
> >So do I just need to do a relabel at this point?
>
> Once you boot with selinux enabled, a relabel should happen automatically.

That didn't seem to work; I got the same lockup with the permission denied message.  I even had touched /.autorelabel (not realizing the relabel should happen automatically).

Thinking selinux might be preventing the relabel from happening (?!?) I rebooted with selinux=0 so that I could reconfig /etc/sysconfig/selinux having SELINUX=permissive, touched /.autorelabel and rebooted again.  This time I saw the relabel process do its thing and trigger a reboot.  I then went back to reconfig /etc/sysconfig/selinux having SELINUX=enforcing, rebooted and all seemed well, finally.

So, I'm all good now, but there may be some bugs in that "relabel should happen automatically" bit.
--
John Florian