Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On 11/09/2012 06:40 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 06:16:24PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 11/09/2012 05:30 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 08:49:19AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
I was saying today it's more common that people use vm ( In both
direction linux in vm on windows and windows in vm on linux )
instead of dualbooting.
Just out of curiosity.  Do you have some real data to back up this claim
Look at the top model section of [1] Virtual vs HW
1. http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/static/stats/stats.html
You think that smolt data are representative?  I have serious doubts due
to a self-selection nature of these submissions; but at least these are
some numbers.

It's the only numbers we have and the accuracy of them is debatable for instance you cant see how many % of total hw install are dualboot installs or how many virtualbox are running on windows etc...

But there is certainly one thing we can say with these numbers that we should most definitely add a criteria surrounding vbox and vmware usage...

JBG