Re: Beware of rebooting in rawhide right now

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 07:08:06 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 18:19:53 -0700,
 Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not ask for any encrypted file system.
It just didn't work.

It looks like the current issue is likely fallout from installing dractut-020-51 as noted in one of the other replies. This probably breaks things whether or not you are using encrypted file systems. There appears to be two other bugs related to encrtped file systems. One is that plymouth didn't get the systemd units to ask for a password for file systems mounted after the root pivot (e.g. swap and home). The other seems to affected systems with encrypted root.

After cleaning up from dracut-020-51, installing dracut-020-57.git20120709.fc18 and running the kernel scripts (to run dracut) I can now boot. Don't the plymouth bug is still there, so I have to manually deal with home, swap and then starting the graphical.target.

I also am running a slightly older kernel. kernel-3.5.0-0.rc5.git3.1.fc18 crashes very early in the boot process.