Re: F17 vs. Pentium 4

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, mwesten wrote:

On 04/12/2012 07:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
No selinux message, but
Still no go.
I took some pictures of the "Details" message,
but the three are >60KB a piece after processing, >2MB before.
Should I send them to the list?

I put them on http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-[123].png

After clicking on exit, I saw four copies of the following
message at the bottom before I had to push reset.
Error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm .

I see, the installer is finding what it needs alright, but just can't complete. Isn't that what the netinstall did to you too?

I'm not getting anything at that URL, and I probably won't have a way around whatever it is, either.

Oops.
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-1.png
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-2.png
http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-3.png

Of course, you could give F17 Beta a shot. At this point, however, I would really only recommend using optical media or a LiveUSB for that.

I'll download it.
I've got one more rather hairy thing to try before trying to use it.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,