Re: F17 vs. Pentium 4

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, mwesten wrote:

If this is the kernel bug you are referring to, perhaps there is a workaround you could use to get your minimal CD running in order to do an install.

The description of that patch suggests that passing any one of these kernel parameters will prevent the problem.

acpi=off
processor.nocst=1
maxcpus=1

I'm getting to anaconda now.
When I tried the upgrade,
the only system it would let me upgrade was the F14 system I wanted to keep.
For that reason, I told it to do a fresh install and a custom layout.
It crapped out after downloading or installing the last package.
After that,
I tried again using the install from iso without media method again.
A debug message mentioned SELinux,
so I tried again after adding selinux=0 to the kernel line.

Here is the final grub stanza:
title Install Fedora16 from iso 11 15:34
	root (hd0,2)
	kernel /isolinux16/vmlinuz repo=hd:LABEL=/home1:/iso16 acpi=off processor.nocst=1 maxcpus=1 selinux=0
	initrd /isolinux16/initrd.img

Still no go.
I took some pictures of the "Details" message,
but the three are >60KB a piece after processing, >2MB before.
Should I send them to the list?

After clicking on exit, I saw four copies of the following
message at the bottom before I had to push reset.
Error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm .

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,