Re: F17 vs. Pentium 4

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Michael Hennebry wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, mwesten wrote:

If this is the kernel bug you are referring to, perhaps there is a workaround you could use to get your minimal CD running in order to do an install.

The description of that patch suggests that passing any one of these kernel parameters will prevent the problem.

acpi=off
processor.nocst=1
maxcpus=1

Here is the final grub stanza:
title Install Fedora16 from iso 11 15:34
	root (hd0,2)
kernel /isolinux16/vmlinuz repo=hd:LABEL=/home1:/iso16 acpi=off processor.nocst=1 maxcpus=1 selinux=0
	initrd /isolinux16/initrd.img

I tried to install Fedora 17-alpha part duh in similar fashion,
but it didn't even boot.
dracut: FATAL No or empty root= argument
Attempted to kill init
I tried root=live, but got
don't know how to handle root=live.
'Twasn't a live CD, so that was not a surprise.
Cut and pasted the update= option suggested in the known issues section,
but that had no effect.

Pardon me.
I need to go kill something.

--