Re: 3.9 -> 3.10 policy language syntax changes

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 14:13 +0100, Mr Dash Four wrote:
> > i suspect that you are confusing raw policy with human readable policy
> >
> > gen_tunable(allow_httpd_anon_write, false) versus bool httpd_anon_write false;
> >
> > etc
> >
> Nope. I'll dig up some examples when I get home tonight. As for the
> language syntax changes, this is what I meant:
>
> On 22/06/2011 Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >
> >> Now I have the rather unpleasant task of upgrading my own customised
> >> policy from the FC13 to FC15 version. Are there any changes from FC13 to
> >> FC15 in terms of the language syntax or anything else I need to be aware
> >> of before I start?
> >>

> > Not that I recall.  F16 will add new stuff.
> >
> So, in FC16 there was "new stuff" added in terms of changes to the
> language syntax. As I am upgrading the policy from FC15 to the present
> level (FC17) I just wanted to know what this "new stuff" is, that's all.
> I've already figured out the if ... else statement additions, which I
> don't remember seeing in 3.9 version of the policy, so provided I didn't
> get this wrong I'd like to know what else has been added?

the only new stuff added to f16 is named file transitions as far as i
know. basically allows you to append the name of the to type transition
object to the type_transition statement or filetrans_pattern()

type_transition joe_t joes_dir_t:file joes_file_t "joe";

filetrans_pattern(joe_t, joes_dir_t, joes_file_t, file, "joe")