Poor error when loading policy module

I'm updating a custom policy from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6.  The module builds
successfully, but fails to load:

  # semodule -i mypolicy.pp
  /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Invalid argument
  libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1.
  semodule:  Failed!

It took me some time to work out that the error should have read:

  File context already exists for /var/run/passenger: mypolicy.fc line 5

Now that I know there is already policy for Passenger, I can adjust mine
accordingly.  Any chance of getting a more helpful version of the error
included in semodule?

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."