Re: 3.9 -> 3.10 policy language syntax changes

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 13:15 +0100, Mr Dash Four wrote:
> > that is no recent change. that gen_tunable vs gen_bool is a old issue.
> > we currently use gen_tunable()
> >
> > not sure what gave you the impression that this is new
> >
> gen_tunable used in "old" version of policies was replaced with gen_bool
> instead, so I assumed this is something new. Same with the if ... else
> statements - to my knowledge this wasn't possible before or have I got
> this wrong as well?

I dont know what you mean. I did one check and its the same as ever:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=selinux-policy.git;a=blob;f=policy/modules/services/apache.te;h=6aa4bdcf8b8f63da32da11373aec76a89e2c4573;hb=595c8bbc1b1789e26005fe3fc74c7d99dbf65d51

example (line #23 to 30)

> ## <desc>
> ##	<p>
> ##	Allow Apache to modify public files
> ##	used for public file transfer services, directories/files must
> ##	be labeled public_content_rw_t.
> ##	</p>
> ## </desc>
> gen_tunable(allow_httpd_anon_write, false)

i suspect that you are confusing raw policy with human readable policy

gen_tunable(allow_httpd_anon_write, false) versus bool httpd_anon_write false;

etc