Re: Are there any statistics on what proportion of Fedora packages are using rpmautospec macros?

> Hi!  I can tell that some packages are and some aren't, and that's as
> far as I can get.

Well, you can grab the spec tarball and have a grep to find exactly
which packages are using them, which would give you the statistics
you're looking for.  That tarball is at
https://src.fedoraproject.org/repo/rpm-specs-latest.tar.xz or you can
use the fedora-getspecs script from
https://pagure.io/fedora-misc-package-utilities/

> Also, I'm trying to understand how rpmautospec would help me. I grasp
> that the idea is to avoid manually updating the changelog and release
> value. But what I don't understand is how that actually improves my
> workflow other than dispensing w/ some minor editing.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.  I don't find that it helps me much but
I will say that it makes accepting pull requests a good bit easier since
they are less likely to conflict.  Honestly I'd just suggest that you
try it out and see how it works.  Even if you do commit and push, you
can always undo it later.

 - J<