Re: Wine MinGW system libraries

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 12:11:43PM -0500, Zebediah Figura (she/her) wrote:
> On 9/2/21 12:08 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >* Zebediah Figura:
> >
> >>(2) If we use dynamic libraries, should dependencies be included in
> >>the main wine package, or packaged separately?
> >
> >Aren't many of them already packages separately?  For example
> >mingw32-libpng and mingw32-gnutls?
>
> Thanks, I wasn't aware of these. I had tried to search for Fedora
> mingw packages, but didn't realize that looking up "mingw" on
> rpmfind.net wasn't enough :-/

Just a note that the authoritative source is:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mingw-gnutls

(substitute package name as appropriate).  There's also a search
engine at https://src.fedoraproject.org/projects/rpms/%2A

> Note that this ties into (3) though. It would presumably be enough
> for static libraries, but we need specially named shared libraries,
> and we can't "just" use these packages since as far as I'm aware
> there's no standardized way to find them.

Some of the mingw packages have static subpackages already, and those
that don't can usually be enabled with relative ease.  eg.  for gnutls
you'd have to make a few obvious changes to the spec file:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mingw-gnutls/blob/rawhide/f/mingw-gnutls.spec

I think the important question is do these libraries match what Wine
is expecting to use?

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW