Re: Let's standardize the way to disable tests during RPM build?

Le mardi 09 juin 2020 à 14:56 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> Le mardi 09 juin 2020 à 14:35 +0200, Vít Ondruch a écrit :
> >
> > The proposal was to optionally disable test. When somebody asked
> > why,
> > the answer was bootstrapping. But we know how to handle
> > bootstrapping.
> > So shouldn't somebody spend time changing the test conditionals to
> > bootstrapping conditionals, because that seems to be the use case?
>
> One use case is bootstrapping. Another is just getting things to
> build
> till you have the time to investigate if a new test failure is an
> actual problem or upstream being careless as usual. There are
> probably
> other use cases out there

Another fun case: someone broke the dep of a component used in unit
tests. Fixing the component requires rebuilding the dep. Except, the
dep uses the component itself in its own unit tests…

There are boundless possibilities for fun and profit there (well
profit, not so sure actually)

--
Nicolas Mailhot