Let's standardize the way to disable tests during RPM build?

Hi,
I think it would be useful to have a standard way of disabling the running of tests during RPM build (in the %check section of a spec file).

I see a lot of packages already having %bcond's or other macro definitions to archieve this, but each package has their own way, there's no real standard. Thus you have to first look into the spec, locate the appropriate %bcond or macro name and only then you can disable the tests.

I would like to propose two approaches:

(a) Add a *SHOULD* rule to the guidelines that specifies what is the preferred way to conditionalize the tests.

(b) Or, if that's too strong, mention in the guidelines the common methods that are being used (e.g. %bcond tests and %bcond check) so that new packagers have something to use.

What do you think?
Tomas