Re: Let's standardize the way to disable tests during RPM build?

Le vendredi 05 juin 2020 à 15:46 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :

> For the RISC-V bootstrap we used rpmbuild directly (before Koji and
> its dependencies had been ported), and added --nocheck.  However once
> Koji was working we built packages properly with checks enabled.
>
> How often do we bootstrap Fedora from scratch?  Wholly new
> architectures are rare.  Are there other events that require
> bootstrapping from scratch?

Some language ecosystems have very low quality unit tests, any mass
rebuild (every release) basically works in two passes, make packages
build with test disabled, then redo-it with tests and sift through test
results to see what is actual breakage and what is broken testing code

The people who release poor unit tests also change their dep graph at
high speed, poor unit tests go hand in hand with regular re-bootstraps

--
Nicolas Mailhot