Re: fedora-usermgmt

On 12/20/2011 07:51 AM, Simone Caronni wrote:
Hello,

Bacula package already has a registered user group of 33 in:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageUserRegistry

so I will keep on using that; no change. The spec file always
contained that uid/gid in the build.
What I will change is just the way it is created, and the link Tom
sent is exactly the one I was looking at.

The link Tom sent provides a way to create and uid/gid for a given user/group name, not for a specific uid/gid (i.e. you'll end up with a "bacula" user and group but the uid/gid may be different on each system). However, bacula does not need the uid/gid to be the same on multiple systems so that doesn't matter.

I found fedora-usermgmt already in place in the spec file so I thought
it was right to ask.

I never understood why bacula used that in the first place.

Paul.