Re: Re: Re: Re: Packaging a game, need help with setgid security

On 09/03/2009 11:19 PM, Ryan Rix wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

which is why they are given there own group to limit any
potential fall out from privilege escalation bugs in their code.

Im misinterpreted this statement then, sorry :) I understood it as each game
ran in the context of group nethack, or group rogue, but not group games. I
understand this now. This makes more sense and is currently how my spec is
written, the game runs in the context of setgid games.

Ok,

Once you submit the package for review, can you send me the url or bugnr of the
review request, then I'll take a look to make sure the sgid handling is ok.

Regards,

Hans