Re: package review template

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 03:11:56PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I think you're looking at this from the wrong point of view. The current
> packaging review guidelines are really huge, and take a long time to
> wade though. Some of them really can be just reduced to bullet point
> checklist items, while others need intelligent thought on the part of
> the reviewer.

It's actually worse than you state ... some of them are checked just
fine by rpm/rpmlint, and so don't need to be checked at all.

eg: rpmlint checks the License field is valid and rpm checks that
there are no duplicate files in %files, so both of those are
unnecessary.

rpmlint could check a whole lot more too, eg. upstream URL exists,
source matches tarball, all the pkgconfig stuff, all the ldconfig
stuff, %doc includes license, license matches source, etc etc (not
that I'm volunteering to do all that work).

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/